Today’s beautiful Saturday Guest Snack Love is from Lani Fernance! I have yet to try this, but rest assured— I am gonna make the heck out of it. Brilliant.
Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp unrefined granulated sugar, such as evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp beaten egg, preferably organic (cover & chill remaining beaten egg for tomorrow’s cookie cup… you will be making another one!)
- tiny splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (can substitute with 3:1 of cake flour and all purpose flour)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch salt
- heaping 1 Tbsp grain-sweetened chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and both sugars; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.
253.2 calories, 13.8 grams fat, 8.4 grams saturated fat, 2.9 grams fiber, 17.5 grams sugars, 2.4 grams protein
Easy Watermelon Sorbet
This recipe is amazing, just two ingredients : frozen watermelon & water. Actually it’s just one ingredient if you don’t count water as a ingredient. Best part? It’s fast, easy, delicious and totally healthy and without all the usual guilt. Because watermelons are usually sweet by itself, you don’t need to add any sweetners at all.
Besides, no ice cream maker is needed. Now now, you better get going and make this for yourself.
Totally going to make this!
I have a new recipe up on the great HelloGiggles.com! The Dirty Chai cupcake is a chai cupcake stuffed with an espresso brownie (that’s stuffed with a chocolate covered espresso bean) and topped with chai cream cheese frosting. WHOA. See the recipe here!
Love from the Oven Hot Cocoa Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting recipe
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes – Makes 12 Cupcakes
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 1 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 2 hot cocoa packets (this measures out to approx 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk egg and sugar until smooth. Add in your buttermilk, butter and vanilla and mix until smooth. Sift your dry ingredients together and add to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined. Line a muffin tin with liners and scoop batter into each cup. Bake for 16-20 minutes.
When I’m making a small amount of batter, I like to use my OXO Good Grips Egg Beater. This is the first egg beater I’ve ever owned, and it is so easy to use, and is perfect for small amounts of mixing. And obviously it’s great for scrambled eggs.
We can’t leave out the marshmallow buttercream! As I usually do, I make my buttercream without a recipe, but my no recipe-recipe is pretty much the recipe you find on the back of the C&H Powdered Sugar box (for those of you counting, I worked recipe into that sentence four times)…
To a full 1-lb. box of C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar, simply add 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick), ¼ cup of milk, and 1 tsp. of vanilla. Mix. I also add a 1/2-1 tsp of salt.
Can you believe that I have never purchased marshmallow creme before? Yeah, I’m not sure how that happened, but I’ve taken care of it. So anyways, make up your buttercream (or just dump a can of pre-made frosting into a bowl, it’ll probably work just fine) and then add about one cup of marshmallow creme. This was about half of my jar, and I’m thinking next time I might even go for a bit more. I then whipped it in my mixer for about two minutes with the buttercream, and the result was fluffy white goodness.
It’s that simple – love it! And it’s SO good. I decorated the cupcakes a few different ways, just for fun. The winning combo in my house was the one that had everything on it – frosting, sprinkles, hot cocoa powder and the Kraft Mallow Bits. Topping it with the hot cocoa powder really brings it all together and gives an extra punch of that hot cocoa flavor. I highly recommend it. You can either sprinkle some on with a spoon, or I put mine in a little powdered sugar / cinnamon sugar dispenser I had, and that worked out well.
(source: Love from the Oven)
Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots.
- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Empty out the strawberries.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
- 8 ounces tequila
- 6 ounce Cointreau
- Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
Bubble Gum Flavored Vodka.
Ingredients & Measurements:
- 8 oz. Vodka
- 8 pieces Bubble Gum
Combine the vodka and the bubble gum in a container with a lid and allow it to sit for atleast 12-24 hours.
is this real life
is this just fantasy
No way…no way
IT WORKS. EVEN THOUGH I SUBSTITUTED VEGETABLE OIL FOR OLIVE OIL AND NESQUIK FOR COCOA POWDER.
DOING THIS NOW
Just made this, except I added chocolate chips and used gluten free flour—which meant more water and added Xanathan Gum, but it still tasted delicious. :)
Bikini Martini Drink Recipe.
What you need:
- 1 ounce Gin
- 1 ounce Blue Curacao
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
How to make it:
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orange slice.